Personal Loans

Applying for a Loan

Here is a guide to some of the documents you may need when applying for a loan. Our friendly staff will let you know exactly what you need.

Get Started


  • Drivers License
  • Passport/International Travel Document
  • Photo Card (includes photo and signature)

Proof of Income

If you earn a wage or salary

  • Your two most recent consecutive pay slips (no more than four (4) weeks old) or
  • A current signed letter from your employer on their letterhead, stating your gross annual income, role or position, length of employment and employment status
  • PLUS wage deposits into a transaction account over three (3) months.

If you are self employed

  • Personal tax returns and, where relevant, business tax returns as well as financial statements Australian Tax Office (ATO) Notice of Assessments for the last two consecutive years.

Family Tax Benefit

  • A letter from Centrelink, issued within the last six (6) months showing the type of benefit received, the information used by Centrelink to calculate the payment plus a transaction account statement showing your two (2) most recent payments.

Child Support

  • A Letter of Assessment form from the Child Support Agency within the last six (6) months plus account statements showing three (3) months of payments.

Rental Income

  • A current letter or statement from the Managing Real Estate Agent or
  • Transaction account statements showing the three (3) most recent months of rental credits


  • Real Estate - Land Rates Notice, Water Rates Notice or Title Deed (if the property is not held as security by the Greater Building Society)
  • Motor Vehicles - registration papers or receipt of recent purchase
  • Savings - Copy of the latest account statement from your financial institution
  • Shares - Copy of latest Holding Certificate

Current Loans (not held with Greater Building Society)

Documents confirming that any loans you currently have are up to date e.g. a recent statement showing your name, account number, monthly repayments, credits, debits and loan balance.

  • For a Home Loan – six (6)months of  consecutive statements
  • Personal Loan - three (3) months of  consecutive statements
  • Credit/store cards and interest free loans – your most recent statement

Rental Payments

  • Home renter - copies of rent receipts or a rental statement issued by a Real Estate Agent or
  • Three (3) most recent months payments shown in a Greater Building Society transaction account

Refinance - Home Loans

  • Copy of latest Council rates notice, water bill and body corporate levies (if applicable) 

Property Purchases

  • Evidence of your deposit – three (3) months of Savings Account statements  or
  • A proceeds of sale letter from your Solicitor or
  • A statutory declaration if you are being provided gifts

Construction Loans

  • Copy of fixed price building contract
  • Council approved plans and specifications

Home Improvements

  • Quotes for the improvements plus council approved plans of any structural improvements (eg. increasing floor size)

New Boat, Caravan or Motor Cycle Loans and New or Used Car Loans

Private Purchases (cars only)

  • Current registration papers
  • If your loan is for more than $60,000.00 you may need a vehicle inspection certificate

Dealer Purchases

  • Dealer's invoice

If you already own the car

  • Current registration papers
  • Comprehensive insurance policy

Internet Banking

Log on
  • Customer Service: 1300 651 400
  • Loan Enquiries: 1300 721 253
  • Contact UsDetails