At The Greater, we were thrilled to be awarded Building Society of the Year for 2013 by Roy Morgan Research 12 months ago.
As soon as we received this honour, however, we began working on innovative and straightforward ways we could improve our service offering to make sure we took out the award for the second year running.
So nothing could have made us happier than the announcement this week that our outstanding customer satisfaction rating during 2014 meant that we had gone back to back as Building Society of the Year for 2014.
At The Greater, service is at the centre of all we do. Our mantra is customers first, always. That’s because we are customer–owned. Without shareholders to please, we put our efforts and profits into giving customers great banking products and outstanding service as well as supporting our local communities.
As renowned as we are for our friendly and helpful staff in our branches, providing outstanding service means making banking straightforward regardless of how customers choose to interact with us.
Here’s some examples of how we try to be the very best financial institution for service.
- Last year we were one of the first Australian financial institutions to introduce a truly customer-centric web site. Our plain English site is designed around customer needs, is straightforward to use and provides the same experience on any device.
- When you phone our customer service centre or branch you speak to a person straight away – no computerised menu options. On average, you'll be speaking to a friendly member of staff in 28 seconds.
- Our mobile app has undergone multiple upgrades, for example, you can easily access it with a 4 digit password, and are able to add and pay new payees on the go.
- We give customers the option of SMS and email alerts for all sorts of money matters to help them stay in control of their money.
- We like to recognise the major life-achievements in the lives of our customers. This is possible when our branch staff are able to help and truly get to know customers as opposed to being pressured into achieving sales targets.
- We recognise our customers can't always visit our branches during normal business hours, so we open longer than the major banks, including Saturday mornings.
- We’re active on a number of social media platforms to deliver you relevant and informative information to help with your banking, and to assist you with your customer feedback and questions.
- Our ATM network allows customers to access their money nationwide. More money in your pocket!
- We come to you - our mobile lenders can come to you if you can't come to us.
- We staff our branches with friendly experts who have time to go that extra mile for customers.
Thanks to all of our much loved customers for telling Roy Morgan how much they love us.
If you aren’t feeling loved or getting the service you deserve from your bank, switch to use today. It's easier than you think.
If you've experienced the difference that a Greater way of banking provides, share the love and let us know in the comments below!