When does the Foundation funding round open and close?
The 2020 Funding Round will open Friday 6th March at 9am AEDT and will close on Friday 3rd April at midday (12pm) AEDT.
What is the process for applying for funding?
The application process for the 2020 NSW & QLD funding round will be:
- Complete and submit a short online registration form. This will become available from 9am on Friday 6th March 2020.
- Prepare an Expression of Interest (EOI) document – no more than four (4) A4 pages.
- Prepare your 'Supporting Documentation' (a copy of your organisation's Endorsement as a Deductible Gift Recipient & Notice of Endorsement for Charity Tax Concessions, if applicable). Please click here to see an example of acceptable supporting documentation.
- Email the completed four (4) page Expression of Interest and supporting documentation to email@example.com, with confirmation that you have completed the online registration form. Acknowledgement of receipt of your application will be emailed to you within seven (7) days.
When will grant applications be accepted?
Grant applications will be accepted from Friday 6th March 2020 at 9am AEDT. The Foundation will not receive applications after midday on Friday 3 April 2020. Email Greater.Foundation@greater.com.au if you would like to be added to the database to receive the most up-to-date information about the funding round.
How much money can I apply for?
Applicants may apply for a minimum grant allocation of $30,000 (available for 12 months) and up to a maximum of $250,000 (allocated across a period of up to three years) for individual projects per funding round.
How many grants are available in each round?
It is anticipated that funding will be awarded to a maximum of six (6) partner organisations with final allocations to be dependent upon program duration and what funds the Board has available in any given year.
How do I know if my project will be considered 'charitable'?
Charitable is defined as possessing at least one of the following qualities:
- The relief of poverty
- The relief of the needs of the aged
- The relief of sickness or distress
- The advancement of education
There are also many other charitable purposes, commonly referred to as other purposes beneficial to the community. The following purposes would not be considered charitable:
- To confer private benefits
- Sporting, recreational or social
- Political, illegal or against public policy
If you are still unsure whether your project fits these guidelines, please refer to the Non-Profit Organisations section of the ATO website (www.ato.gov.au/nonprofit).
What happens if my application is successful?
The Greater Charitable Foundation has a two-stage funding round.
1. Expression of Interest (EOI) – the first phase of the funding round is the Expression of Interest phase. The Foundation Board will shortlist a small number of charities from this first phase based on their EOI application;
2. Final Proposal – shortlisted applicants will be contacted and asked to prepare a final proposal document that expands upon their original EOI form. They will also be asked to undertake a short presentation to the Foundation Board. The Board will then make the final funding round decision once they have heard from all the shortlisted applicants. If you are successful in receiving funding from the Greater Charitable Foundation, you will receive a letter from us confirming the conditions of the grant, payment schedule and reporting arrangements. You will also be asked to undertake an induction meeting to take you through the grant requirements. The first grant instalment will be paid through Electronic Funds Transfer within four (4) weeks after you have received formal notification from us.
What happens if my application is unsuccessful?
All applicants who are unsuccessful in the 2020 funding round will be notified before the end of June 2020.
Are there recognition requirements attached to the funding?
Your organisation will be required to acknowledge the grant from the Greater Charitable Foundation through the use of our logo in publications and other promotional materials. We will supply you with an electronic copy of our logo which must be used in compliance with the grant conditions as outlined in your grant agreement.
Can I apply for ongoing support for my project at the expiration of the funding period?
There may be an option to renew support beyond the life of the initial grant period, following an extensive review process, but this is not guaranteed and is contingent upon a range of factors.
Can my organisation apply for more than one grant?
No, there can only be one (1) application per organisation per calendar year funding round; however, eligible universities, hospitals, and medical research institutions may submit one (1) application per department, up to a maximum of two (2) applications per organisation.
What areas constitute South East Queensland for the purposes of the funding round?
Areas within which a Greater Bank branch is located (Helensvale, Tweed Heads, and Robina).
Am I still eligible to apply for funding if I reside outside Australia?
No, we are only able to provide funding to organisations which are based within Australia and projects where activities take place within the Greater Bank areas of operations i.e., NSW and South-East Queensland.
What is a deductible gift recipient?
Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) is a specific legal status that can only be used to describe organisations specifically endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). Follow this link for a detailed explanation of a DGR - https://www.ato.gov.au/Non-profit/Gifts-and-fundraising/Tax-deductible-gifts/Deductible-gift-recipients-(DGR)/
If your organisation does not have DGR status, there is the option to auspice the funds through another organisation who does have DGR status. If this is something you are considering, please contact the Greater Charitable Foundation Office to discuss in more detail before submitting your application.
What do I do if I need more information?
For more information contact the Foundation Office: -
E - firstname.lastname@example.org
P - (02) 4921 9671
Where can I find your privacy statement?
The Greater Charitable Foundation's Privacy Statement can be found by clicking here.
Can I apply for funding if I am a current partner of the Foundation?
If you are currently in receipt of funding from the Foundation and your organisation is contracted to deliver services beyond 31 August in any given year, you are ineligible to apply in that year’s funding round.