Read about ASPIRE graduate Olivia Taylor who progressed from Scone Netball, to ASPIRE to finally gain selection in the Hunter Academy of Sport.
Skip to Main Content

Olivia Taylor - ASPIRE Graduate Profile

Liv is an Aspire Netball athlete who has progressed through every one of the Aspire programs.

In 2017 Liv first registered to join Aspire Development at her local netball courts - Scone Netball Association. Her and her friends simply could not believe an opportunity like this was available to them locally in such a remote area. 

In 2018, Liv trialled for Hunter Academy of Sports (HAS) and learned very quickly about one of the toughest aspects of team sport - being unsuccessful in gaining selection. This did not deter her though. Thanks to her growth mind set and her goal of wanting to progress her netball, Liv joined the Aspire Strive program with the aim to improve and develop as a netballer. 

After 12 months of hard work, the support of Aspire Netball and the mentoring of Sam Poolman, Liv achieved her goal of gaining selection into the HAS program for 2019.

For two years Liv has been a stand out defender within the HAS and Aspire programs. She has shown excellent on court leadership and an exceptional ability to bring a team together. She is a kid from the country who has taken her opportunity with both hands and is now reaching her full potential. 

A fantastic ambassador for Aspire and her local Association - Scone. Liv has now gained selection in U/23 Premier League in 2020 after being a standout within Aspire Ambition. It provided Liv the knowledge and confidence to reach her selection goals for 2021. Another player who is grateful for her opportunities and is now giving back to her local community. 

"Aspire Ambition is so helpful. I never really knew what to expect from trials or what l had to do in order to prepare and be seen. Coming from a small, rural association, you don't get the level of competition available in the city areas.
Aspire Ambition gave me the chance to develop my strengths and identify areas of development to make me more competitive at trials. The personalised feedback l got from Ambition gave me the confidence to put myself out there, attend trials and get noticed. I now know what kind of warm up l should be doing and what drills l can run to get myself switched on and give myself the best opportunity to be selected."

Liv Taylor