I can see my card in Google Pay but my transaction is declining – why would this be?
There can be several reasons why a transaction is declining. First, you should check for the following issues:
- Is there a message “Verification Needed” below the card in the Google Pay wallet? If this message is displayed, you’ll need to complete the verification process by requesting a one-time verification code. You will not be able to use Google Pay until this is completed.
- Is your Near Field Communications (NFC) switched off on your mobile device? If so, switch it on.
- Check to make sure you have an internet connection
- Make sure your card is activated, is not locked or cancelled
- Check to see if your card has expired
- Check to ensure you have sufficient funds
If your transaction is still declining after running through these troubleshooting steps, get in touch with us on 1300 651 400 or via Facebook Messenger for further assistance.