What is certified documentation?
For some products and services, Greater Bank will require verification of identification. In these instances, we may ask you to provide us with certified copies of identification. If this is the case, the following requirements must be satisfied:
- Certified copies of previously certified copies will NOT be accepted. A properly certified copy of the ORIGINAL document must be provided.
- The person certifying the document must have sighted the ORIGINAL document/s
- To certify a document, the authorised certifier is required to write or stamp on the document:
For a single page document
‘This is a certified true copy of the original as sighted by me'
For a document with more than one page-
On the first page: 'I certify this and the following [number of pages]pages to be a true copy of the original as sighted by me' AND Initial all other pages.
The certifier must also write or stamp on the copy:
- The date; and
- The signature of the person certifying the document; and
- The full name, occupation and contact number of the person certifying the document (this should be clearly printed or evident in any official stamp that is used); and
- Their address (optional) and;
- Where relevant, the registration number of the person certifying the document (for example a Justice of the Peace must include their registration number when certifying a document).
NOTE: a certified copy is not a photocopy of a previously certified document. The original document must be sighted and certified as a true copy of the original.