Credit and Debit Cards
There are many ways credit/debit card fraudsters can take over your accounts.
- Computer viruses can identify and extract your card details from your PC allowing offenders to shop online with your card details.
- When your card is used in a skimming device. Skimmers can be fitted to ATMs or Point of Sale devices at any location around the world.
- Cards can be intercepted in transit whilst being sent to you.
- When your card is lost or stolen and used by a third party to purchase goods.
- If a card has been skimmed, offenders may be able to make counterfeits of that card and perform transactions on your account, including withdrawing cash at ATMs.