Online Banking Security
- Ensure you have up-to-date anti-virus and personal firewall software installed.
- Never follow links or open attachments that arrive in unsolicited emails.
- Take extra care when using a computer in public places and internet cafes. Do not respond if you are prompted to save log-on details.
- Protect all access methods*. Do not disclose your PIN or personal information to other people.
- Change your access code frequently and use access codes that are hard to guess.
- Do not accept links or redirections from other websites or email for the purpose of logging on to Online Banking.
- Look for the SSL encrypted connection, indicated as https:// and a padlock. Greater Bank's web details will be listed in the 'issued to' section of the digital certificate.
- Greater Bank will NEVER email you requesting you confirm your log-on details. If you receive such an email please contact us immediately.
- Greater Bank will NEVER prompt you to enter your 'card' or 'account number' details. If you are prompted to enter such details please contact us immediately.
- Always log out when you have finished with Online Banking.
- Do not download any shared files or files from websites you do not trust.
- Ensure you have the right account information of a person you're trying to pay before confirming payment.
* Access method means any method we make available to users in order for users to give us authority to act on an instruction when using electronic equipment (including computer and telephone) to debit or credit an EFT account. For further information see our Terms and Conditions.