We've been overwhelmed by the support Hunter schools have shown towards our region's footballing heroes! As Major Community Partner of The Newcaste Jets, it's our pleasure to connect school-kids with their idols at in-school clinics, but we wanted to make sure the experience was extra special for one lucky class. After a public vote, Wallsend South Public School emerged as The Hunter's favourite gate, meaning they scored a VIP match-day experience for the Jets first home game of the 2018/19 season. Enjoy, kids!
Connecting kids with their heroes
How Jets:LEARN works
Schools show their support for their footballing heroes by decorating their gate with Jets colour and fanfare
Schools then upload a photo or video to Greater Bank's website to go in the draw
Greater Bank determines which lucky schools will receive Jets:LEARN clinics in their school playground, and a public vote is run to determine The Hunter's favourite gate to take out our major prize.
To the winners go the spoils
Good to know...
Terms and Conditions of Entry
Terms and Conditions of Entry –
Jets:Learn Decorate Your School Gate
1. This promotion is open to primary schools within the Newcastle and Hunter area or a representative of these groups.
2. The overall promotion period is between 12 March 2018 to Friday 1 June 2018
3. To enter the promotion, entrants must upload a photo and complete the entry form with your school’s details on greater.com.au/decorateyourgate
4. Entries can be submitted from 9.00am 12 March 2018
5. Entries close before 5.00pm Friday 18 May 2018
6. By submitting an entry in the competition, all Entrants warrant that each visual entry media submitted is an original artistic work of the entrant which does not infringe the rights of any third party. The entrant agrees to indemnify Greater Bank against any and all claims, loss, damage and costs arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
7. There are two prize categories within this promotion; weekly prizes and 1 major prize.
8. The weekly prize is a coaching clinic provided and coordinated by the Newcastle Jets for the nominated local primary school at a date to be agreed upon by the Newcastle Jets and the winning school.
9. There will be 10 weekly prize draws. Weekly winners will be selected on the following dates:
- Wednesday 21 March 2018
- Wednesday 28 March 2018
- Wednesday 4 April 2018
- Wednesday 11 April 2018
- Wednesday 18 April 2018
- Wednesday 25 April 2018
- Wednesday 2 May 2018
- Wednesday 9 May 2018
- Wednesday 16 May 2018
- Wednesday 23 May 2018
10. Once selected, winners will be announced on radio station HitFM106.9 each between 12 March 2018 and Friday 25 May 2018
11. To be eligible for a weekly prize draw, an entrant must, before Friday 18 May 2018;
- Decorate their school gate or fence with Newcastle Jets colours as
well as both the Newcastle Jets and Greater Bank logos
11.2 Upload a photo and complete the entry form to
11.3 Entries must not be:
- Racially or ethnically offensive;
- Capable or encouraging of conduct that would be considered a criminal offence;
- Capable of violating any law; or
- Capable of giving rise to civil liability.
12. The weekly entries will be decided based on the creativity of each entry by Greater Bank. The judges decision is final and no commentary will be entered into.
13. There is one major prize available as part of this promotion. The major prize includes:
- A double pass for every child and teacher in the class to the first Newcastle
Jets home game of the 2018/19 season.
- A private tour of the sheds for the winning class, before walking out on the
field with the Jets to watch the game from the sideline.
14. Only winners of the weekly prize draws will be eligible for the major prize draw. Entrants who have not won a weekly prize will not be in the running for the major prize.
15. From Monday 21 May 2018, each of the weekly winner’s photos will be displayed on Greater Banks website com.au/decorateyourgate where the public can vote for their favourite entry to win the major prize.
16. The voting period for the winner of the major prize will be from 9.00am Monday 21 May until 5.00pm Friday 1 June 2018.
17. The entrant with the highest number of votes at the end of the 2 week voting period will win the major prize. At COB Friday 1 June 2018 however, Greater Bank retains the sole right to allocate the major prize prior to the end of the promotional period if there is no clear winner from the voting period.
18. The winner of the major prize will be announced on radio station HitFM1069 once the winner has been selected.
19. Greater Bank accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries, or entries not received by Greater Bank for any reason whatsoever.
20. Greater Bank will not be liable for any breach of copyright. The entrant will be solely responsible for their own entry and the consequences of submitting them. The entrant represents and warrants that their entry is their own and they own or have all necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions to use and authorize Greater Bank to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all entries to enable inclusion and use of the entries in the manner contemplated by these terms and conditions.
21. Entry into this draw is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
22. Failure to comply with any term or condition may result in disqualification and/or forfeiture of Prizes at Greater Bank’s sole discretion.