How do I set up Direct Debit?
Setting up direct debit, or scheduled payments is easy using Greater Bank’s Online Banking.
Direct Debit can be set up in a number of ways – through both the BPAYⓇ and Transfer Money sections of Online Banking.
- Login and select ‘Transfer Money’ on the left of screen
- Enter whether sending money between accounts or to a third party, which account funds will be drawn from, the desired amount, a description, and select ‘Later’ for the payment timing
- You can now enter a start date for payments, frequency and how long you want payments to occur for.
- Login and select ‘BPAY’ on the left of screen
- Enter the account to draw funds from and select a biller from the drop down list, or alternatively you can enter a new biller’s details and save them for later. Select ‘Later for the payment timing
- You can now enter a start date for payments, frequency and how long you want payments to occur for
Once these details have been entered, your Scheduled Payment will take place at the requested interval.
To view all Scheduled Payments, and to edit or delete Scheduled Payments, follow the steps below:
Deleting a Scheduled Payment
- To delete a 'Scheduled Payment', click on the transaction link located under the column headed 'Transactions' for that transaction. Click on the 'Delete' button. A prompt will display allowing you to confirm the deletion.
Editing a Scheduled Payment
- You can edit the Amount, Description and Schedule details of a 'Scheduled Transaction'. If you want to change where the transaction is being paid from or where it is being paid to, you will need to create a new transaction from the 'Transfer Money or BPAY® panels'.
- Clicking on the "Cancel" button in the 'Edit Transaction Details' page will cancel the changes you have made to the 'Scheduled Transaction'. (Important - It will not cancel the 'Scheduled Transaction' you have listed. To cancel a 'Scheduled Payment' you will need to delete it using the "Delete" button. You cannot add a new 'Scheduled Payment' from this page. Use either the 'Transfer Money or BPAY® panel's to do this.)
Not registered for Online Banking? It’s a simple registration process, makes banking easier and best of all – it’s free! Simply phone 13 13 86 or visit your nearest branch to register today!