What is certified documentation?
For some products and services, we’ll need to verify your identity. In some cases, we may ask you to provide us with certified copies of your identification. If so, the following requirements must be met:
- Certified copies of previously certified copies will NOT be accepted. A properly certified copy of the ORIGINAL document must be provided.
- The person certifying the document must have sighted the ORIGINAL document/s
- Proper certification must appear on EACH PAGE to be certified and should show
- The date; andThe signature of the person certifying the document; and
- The name, occupation and contact number of the person certifying the document (this should be clearly printed or evident in any official stamp that is used); and
- The title of the person certifying the document; and Where relevant, the registration number of the person certifying the document (for example a Justice of the Peace must include their registration number when certifying a document).
NOTE: a certified copy is not a photocopy of a previously certified document. The original document must be sighted and certified as a true copy of the original.