Cards and Payments
We know that when it comes to your money, knowledge is power. The more you know, the better informed your decisions will be when managing your money and planning for your future.
We've taken some of the questions we get asked most and given you all the information you'll need.
To log onto Greater Bank's Internet Banking, click here.
To find out how to register for Greater Bank's Internet Banking, click here.
Yes, you can change your PIN via Greater Bank's ATM network by selecting the PIN Change option.
You must know your current PIN to be able to change it. You should ensure that only you know your PIN and be mindful when choosing a new PIN. i.e. avoid a PIN that contains repeating digits such as 9999, or digits in a sequence such as 1234 or numbers that represent information others may know about you such as birthday, year of birth or address.
If you don't remember your PIN, you are able to order one via the Customer Service Centre (on 1300 651 400) or by contacting your local branch. The PIN will be mailed to you within 7 days.
Merchants in the United States of America (USA) including Hawaii, are currently in the process of updating their EFTPOS terminals to be EMV compliant - this is so terminals will work with both Chip and PIN enabled cards.
Greater Bank customers may have difficulties when in the US using EFTPOS terminals that have not yet been converted, and still rely on the use of card magnetic strips and signature (swipe and sign). This is due to the fact that Greater Bank has noticed an increase in the incidence of counterfeit card fraud at such terminals.
So how do I access my money?
Greater Bank does not block access to any ATM worldwide, meaning that even if your card may not work at a specific EFTPOS terminal, you should always be able to access cash from any ATM.
If caught overseas
If you're currently in the United States, or are planning a vacation there soon, all you need to do to ensure your card works at any EFTPOS terminal or ATM is email us at email@example.com with the details of your length of stay, and we'll do the rest.
You can also get in touch with us at any time via Social Media, so we can help out in a hurry.
Activating your Greater Bank Card is easy and can be done in a number of ways
Most of our customers choose this option as it’s the easiest
- Simply Logon to Internet Banking
- Click Maintenance and select your account from the menu
- Complete the security and verification procedures
Call The Greater Bank Phone Banking Service on 1300 363 536 and follow the prompts
Drop into your nearest branch
Setting up direct debit, or scheduled payments is easy using Greater Bank’s Internet Banking.
Direct Debit can be set up in a number of ways – through both the BPAY and Transfer Money sections of Internet Banking.
- Login to Internet Banking and select ‘Transfer Money’ on the left of screen
- Enter whether sending money between accounts or to a third party, which account funds will be drawn from, the desired amount, a description, and select ‘Later’ for the payment timing
- You can now enter a start date for payments, frequency and how long you want payments to occur for.
- Login to Internet Banking and select ‘BPAY’ on the left of screen
- Enter the account to draw funds from and select a biller from the drop down list, or alternatively you can enter a new biller’s details and save them for later. Select ‘Later for the payment timing
- You can now enter a start date for payments, frequency and how long you want payments to occur for
Once these details have been entered, your Scheduled Payment will take place at the requested interval. To view all Scheduled Payments, and to edit or delete Scheduled Payments, follow the steps below:
Deleting a Scheduled Payment
- To delete a 'Scheduled Payment', click on the transaction link located under the column headed 'Transactions' for that transaction. Click on the 'Delete' button. A prompt will display allowing you to confirm the deletion.
Editing a Scheduled Payment
- You can edit the Amount, Description and Schedule details of a 'Scheduled Transaction'. If you want to change where the transaction is being paid from or where it is being paid to, you will need to create a new transaction from the 'Transfer Money or BPAY® panels'.
- Clicking on the "Cancel" button in the 'Edit Transaction Details' page will cancel the changes you have made to the 'Scheduled Transaction'. (Important - It will not cancel the 'Scheduled Transaction' you have listed. To cancel a 'Scheduled Payment' you will need to delete it using the "Delete" button. You cannot add a new 'Scheduled Payment' from this page. Use either the 'Transfer Money or BPAY® panel's to do this.)
Not registered for Internet Banking? It’s a simple registration process, makes banking easier and best of all – it’s free! Simply phone 1300 651 400 or visit your nearest branch to register today!
You can make a deposit to a Greater Bank account at any financial institution. You need to quote our BSB Number 637-000 and your account number in 9-digit format. The financial institution you make the deposit at will generally charge a fee for accepting your deposit.
Whether your card has been lost or stolen, or it is simply a little worse for wear, you need to get in touch with Greater Bank as soon as possible to organise a replacement.
- If your card has been lost or stolen please call 1300 731 144
- If you are simply after a replacement card, call 1300 651 400
- Alternatively, drop into your nearest branch
1 Direct Charging fees may apply.
Greater’s award-winning personal and business credit cards have a low rate but are still big on features. You can apply for a Greater Bank Credit Card in a number of ways:
Did you know you can apply for a Credit Card with Greater Bank online?
Existing customers are able to apply through Internet Banking.
New customers can apply online with our handy website form.
New customers applying for a Credit Card with Greater Bank will need the following information handy:
- Your current and previous employer details including name, address and contact number
- If you are self employed, we will need your Notice of Assessments from the ATO for the previous two years
- What you earn along with two current payslips
- Any current loan and other repayments, any credit and store card limits and the value of your assets
- A copy of your current photo identification. This can be your driver’s licence, passport, photo card, birth card or national identity card (Any additional cardholders will also need to provide photo identification)
- If you require a balance transfer we will need your latest credit card statement so we can arrange a transfer as soon as your card is activated.
You can apply for a limit increase in a number of ways:
- You can apply through Internet Banking if you are already a registered Internet Banking user.
- You can also apply by Downloading an Application Form. Once the form is complete, you can hand it in at your nearest branch, or post it to
Attention: Credit Card Processing
PO Box 173
Hamilton NSW 2303
If your Greater Bank Credit Card has been lost or stolen, you need to let us know as soon as possible.
Direct debiting may not be available on the full range of customer accounts. You are responsible for:
- making sure the account from which debits are to be made (the nominated account) is able to accept direct debits
- ensuring cleared funds are available in the nominated account on the dates on which the debits occur
- paying any fees charged by the financial institution with whom the nominated account is held
- making sure that all account details provided are correct
Your account will be debited within two days of receipt of request.
If you have any questions, or a dispute arises, in respect of any debit, please contact us on 1300 651 400.
Your account details and other personal information you provide to us will be kept confidential in accordance with the Privacy Act.
You can cancel your Direct Debit anytime by phoning 1300 651 400 OR by completing a Direct Debit Cancellation Request and forwarding it to our Payment Processing Department fax on (02) 4921 9106.