Cards and Payments
We know that when it comes to your money, knowledge is power. The more you know, the better informed your decisions will be when managing your money and planning for your future.
We've taken some of the questions we get asked most and given you all the information you'll need.
To log onto Greater Bank's Internet Banking, click here.
To find out how to register for Greater Bank's Internet Banking, click here.
Yes, you can change your PIN via Greater Bank's ATM network by selecting the PIN Change option.
You must know your current PIN to be able to change it. You should ensure that only you know your PIN and be mindful when choosing a new PIN. i.e. avoid a PIN that contains repeating digits such as 9999, or digits in a sequence such as 1234 or numbers that represent information others may know about you such as birthday, year of birth or address.
If you don't remember your PIN, you are able to order one via the Customer Service Centre (on 1300 651 400) or by contacting your local branch. The PIN will be mailed to you within 7 days.
The daily ATM withdrawal limit for Greater Bank cards is $1,500 per day, per card.
It's best to keep in mind that EFTPOS withdrawals are included in the daily withdrawal limit, unless you select Credit or use Visa payWave.
Merchants in the United States of America (USA) including Hawaii, are currently in the process of updating their EFTPOS terminals to be EMV compliant - this is so terminals will work with both Chip and PIN enabled cards.
Greater Bank customers may have difficulties when in the US using EFTPOS terminals that have not yet been converted, and still rely on the use of card magnetic strips and signature (swipe and sign). This is due to the fact that Greater Bank has noticed an increase in the incidence of counterfeit card fraud at such terminals.
So how do I access my money?
Greater Bank does not block access to any ATM worldwide, meaning that even if your card may not work at a specific EFTPOS terminal, you should always be able to access cash from any ATM.
If caught overseas
If you're currently in the United States, or are planning a vacation there soon, all you need to do to ensure your card works at any EFTPOS terminal or ATM is email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your length of stay, and we'll do the rest.
You can also get in touch with us at any time via Social Media, so we can help out in a hurry.
Activating your Greater Bank Card is easy and can be done in a number of ways
Most of our customers choose this option as it’s the easiest
- Simply Logon to Internet Banking
- Click Maintenance and select your account from the menu
- Complete the security and verification procedures
Call The Greater Bank Phone Banking Service on 1300 363 536 and follow the prompts
Drop into your nearest branch
Scheduled Payments (sometimes referred to as EasyPay) allow you to take the guess work out of your regular payments.
Within Online Banking, you’re able to create payments to other Greater Bank accounts, and to accounts with third-party financial institutions, and you’re also able to set these payments up so they’ll occur regularly according to your needs.
Here’s How it’s done:
- Log into Online Banking or our App, click Transfer between my accounts or PayAnyone.
- Select the account you wish to transfer money from.
- Select the account you wish to transfer money to.
- Enter your amount in $AUD.
- Select the frequency of your payment. If it’s to be a one-off, just click ‘NOW’. If you want the payment to occur later, click ‘LATER’.
- Select whether you want to send the payment as an Osko (real time) payment or as a traditional transfer, which can take up to two business days.
- If you want the payment to be a one off, just select the start date of your payment, and a frequency of ‘ONCE’.
- If you want your payment to become a recurring payment, select the frequency of your payment (weekly, fortnightly, etc) and select a payment stop date (further notice or selected date)
- Click continue
If you’re processing a payment to a payee you’ve never used before, you’ll be prompted to enter your one-time SMS password, which will be sent to the mobile phone we have on file for you. If you do not receive a code, just give us a call on 1300 651 400, and we’ll help in processing your payment.
Setting up direct debit, or scheduled payments is easy using Greater Bank’s Internet Banking.
Direct Debit can be set up in a number of ways – through both the BPAY and Transfer Money sections of Internet Banking.
- Login to Internet Banking and select ‘Transfer Money’ on the left of screen
- Enter whether sending money between accounts or to a third party, which account funds will be drawn from, the desired amount, a description, and select ‘Later’ for the payment timing
- You can now enter a start date for payments, frequency and how long you want payments to occur for.
- Login to Internet Banking and select ‘BPAY’ on the left of screen
- Enter the account to draw funds from and select a biller from the drop down list, or alternatively you can enter a new biller’s details and save them for later. Select ‘Later for the payment timing
- You can now enter a start date for payments, frequency and how long you want payments to occur for
Once these details have been entered, your Scheduled Payment will take place at the requested interval. To view all Scheduled Payments, and to edit or delete Scheduled Payments, follow the steps below:
Deleting a Scheduled Payment
- To delete a 'Scheduled Payment', click on the transaction link located under the column headed 'Transactions' for that transaction. Click on the 'Delete' button. A prompt will display allowing you to confirm the deletion.
Editing a Scheduled Payment
- You can edit the Amount, Description and Schedule details of a 'Scheduled Transaction'. If you want to change where the transaction is being paid from or where it is being paid to, you will need to create a new transaction from the 'Transfer Money or BPAY® panels'.
- Clicking on the "Cancel" button in the 'Edit Transaction Details' page will cancel the changes you have made to the 'Scheduled Transaction'. (Important - It will not cancel the 'Scheduled Transaction' you have listed. To cancel a 'Scheduled Payment' you will need to delete it using the "Delete" button. You cannot add a new 'Scheduled Payment' from this page. Use either the 'Transfer Money or BPAY® panel's to do this.)
Not registered for Internet Banking? It’s a simple registration process, makes banking easier and best of all – it’s free! Simply phone 1300 651 400 or visit your nearest branch to register today!
You can make a deposit to a Greater Bank account at any financial institution. You need to quote our BSB Number 637-000 and your account number in 9-digit format. The financial institution you make the deposit at will generally charge a fee for accepting your deposit.
Whether your card has been lost or stolen, or it is simply a little worse for wear, you need to get in touch with Greater Bank as soon as possible to organise a replacement.
- If your card has been lost or stolen please call 1300 731 144
- If you are simply after a replacement card, call 1300 651 400
- Alternatively, drop into your nearest branch
1 Direct Charging fees may apply.
Greater’s award-winning personal and business credit cards have a low rate but are still big on features. You can apply for a Greater Bank Credit Card in a number of ways:
Did you know you can apply for a Credit Card with Greater Bank online?
Existing customers are able to apply through Internet Banking.
New customers can apply online with our handy website form.
New customers applying for a Credit Card with Greater Bank will need the following information handy:
- Your current and previous employer details including name, address and contact number
- If you are self employed, we will need your Notice of Assessments from the ATO for the previous two years
- What you earn along with two current payslips
- Any current loan and other repayments, any credit and store card limits and the value of your assets
- A copy of your current photo identification. This can be your driver’s licence, passport, photo card, birth card or national identity card (Any additional cardholders will also need to provide photo identification)
- If you require a balance transfer we will need your latest credit card statement so we can arrange a transfer as soon as your card is activated.
You can apply for a limit increase in a number of ways:
- You can apply through Internet Banking if you are already a registered Internet Banking user.
- You can also apply by Downloading an Application Form. Once the form is complete, you can hand it in at your nearest branch, or post it to
Attention: Credit Card Processing
PO Box 173
Hamilton NSW 2303
If your Greater Bank Credit Card or Debit Card has been lost or stolen, here's how we can help.
If you're all set up with our Mobile Banking App:
- You can place a lock on your card immediately, which we recommend. Just log in to the App, tap 'Services', then tap 'Card Management'. Touch the drop-down menu next to the account in question, and then tap 'Temporarily lock card'. It's then still a good idea to get in touch with us, which you can do via your method of choice.
If you're not a Mobile App customer:
- Please call 1300 651 400 Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:30pm and Sat 8:00am to 1:00pm, OR
- Drop into your nearest branch during opening hours
Alternatively, you can
- Contact us after hours on 1300 731 144
- Visit VISA Australia's Lost your card website
Direct debiting may not be available on the full range of customer accounts. You are responsible for:
- making sure the account from which debits are to be made (the nominated account) is able to accept direct debits
- ensuring cleared funds are available in the nominated account on the dates on which the debits occur
- paying any fees charged by the financial institution with whom the nominated account is held
- making sure that all account details provided are correct
Your account will be debited within two days of receipt of request.
If you have any questions, or a dispute arises, in respect of any debit, please contact us on 1300 651 400.
Your account details and other personal information you provide to us will be kept confidential in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Direct debits processed using a BSB and Account Number can be cancelled at any time by contacting the debitor directly, by phoning us on 1300 651 400 OR by completing a Direct Debit Cancellation Request and forwarding it to our Payment Processing Department fax on (02) 4921 9106.
A direct debit processed using a Visa debit or credit card can be cancelled by contacting us on 1300 651 400, by sending us a secure mail within Internet Banking or by visiting any branch. The cancellation of this type of direct debit will require a new card and PIN to be ordered on your behalf.
We will need to look in to this for you and will need you to provide information regarding the transactions such as the amount and when the transactions were attempted.
You can call us on 1300 651 400 during our Contact Centre hours of operation (Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.30pm and Saturday 8.00am - 1.00pm) and a friendly staff member will be able to assist you.
Alternatively you can send Greater Bank a secure mail from within Internet Banking, Mobile Banking or our App, providing the information required to investigate the declined transactions.
If you’ve found a card which you had previously reported as lost, firstly – that’s great luck!
In terms of your next steps, it’s as easy as letting us know via your method of choice that your card is back in safe hands
- If you have used our Mobile App to lock your card, you can simply log back into the app and unlock the card and continue to use it.
- If you have reported the card lost via another method (over the phone, in branch or via secure mail within online banking) simply give us a call on 1300 651 400 to report it found
If you’ve already ordered a new card after reporting one lost, you may have to wait until your new card arrives in order to continue making EFTPOS and ATM transactions.
If you have ordered a new card due to your previous card being lost or stolen, you will require a new PIN number.
If you have received a replacement card due to your previous card being damaged or expiring, you can continue to use your existing PIN number.
If you'd like to confirm that your payment has been processed, you can do this in a number of ways.
Firstly, you can send Greater Bank a secure mail from within Internet Banking, Mobile Banking or our App, requesting confirmation of the payment. In your email please include the payment date and amount. We’ll reply via secure mail when these changes have been made.
Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 651 400 during our Contact Centre hours of operation operation (Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.30pm and Saturday 8.00am - 1.00pm) and a friendly staff member will assist you.
If we have received your transfer, it would be credited to your account. If it has not yet been credited, it might still be in the process of reaching your account.
You can check your account via Internet Banking or Mobile Banking or our App or by calling our Contact Centre a call during their hours of operation on 1300 651 400 (Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.30pm and Saturday 8.00am - 1.00pm).
We receive electronic funds transfers at approximately 11:00am, 2:00pm, 5:00pm, 7:30pm and 9:30pm on business days.
To find out why your payment may have failed, you can call us on 1300 651 400 during our Contact Centre hours of operation (Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.30pm and Saturday 8.00am - 1.00pm) and a friendly staff member will be able to assist you.
Alternatively you can send Greater Bank a secure mail from within Internet Banking, Mobile Banking or our App, requesting further information regarding the failed payment. Please provide the payment date and amount. We’ll reply via secure mail.
To find out why your direct debit didn't go through, you can call us on 1300 651 400 during our Contact Centre hours of operation (Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.30pm and Saturday 8.00am - 1.00pm) and a friendly staff member will be able to assist you.
Alternatively you can send Greater Bank a secure mail from within Internet Banking, Mobile Banking or our App, requesting further information regarding the failed direct debit. Please provide the direct debit date and amount. We’ll reply via secure mail.
To check whether your direct debit payment has processed, you can call us on 1300 651 400 during our Contact Centre hours of operation (Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.30pm and Saturday 8.00am - 1.00pm) and a friendly staff member will be able to assist you.
Alternatively you can send Greater Bank a secure mail from within Internet Banking, Mobile Banking or our App, requesting confirmation of the direct debit. Please provide the direct debit amount. We’ll reply via secure mail.
In order to set up a recurring direct debit on your account, you will need to speak to the biller directly to set up a Direct Debit. You will need to provide them with your account name, account number and BSB.
If you are needing to confirm these details, You can call us on 1300 651 400 during our Contact Centre hours of operation (Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.30pm and Saturday 8.00am - 1.00pm) and a friendly staff member will be able to assist you.
Alternatively you can send Greater Bank a secure mail from within Internet Banking, Mobile Banking or our App requesting this information also.
The way in which the transaction has processed will determine how you can dispute the transaction in question.
- If it is an unauthorised Visa transaction, you will need to cancel your card immediately to prevent further unauthorised transactions. Your card can be cancelled via the ‘Card Management’ tab in the Mobile App, by calling our customer contact centre on 1300 651 400 during our hours of operation (Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.30pm and Saturday 8.00am - 1.00pm) or by calling 1300 731 144 outside of our customer contact centres hours of operation.
- Please then get in touch with us via one of the above methods (apart from the after-hours number) or by sending us an email by clicking on the ‘Mail’ tab while you are logged into your Internet/Mobile Banking and we can discuss how to dispute the transaction.
To check if your disputed transaction has been resolved , you can call us on 1300 651 400 during our Contact Centre hours of operation (Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.30pm and Saturday 8.00am - 1.00pm) and a friendly staff member will be able to assist you.
Alternatively you can send Greater Bank a secure mail from within Internet Banking, Mobile Banking or our App, requesting and update on your dispute. We’ll reply via secure mail. We do also post you a letter to advise once your dispute has been resolved.