Frequently Asked Questions

We know that when it comes to your money, knowledge is power. The more you know, the better informed your decisions will be when managing your money and planning for your future. 

We've taken some of the questions we get asked most and given you all the information you'll need.

To log onto Greater Bank's Internet Banking, click here.

To find out how to register for Greater Bank's Internet Banking, click here.

Can I redraw on my Greater Bank Home Loan?

Yes - Greater Bank customers are able to redraw on their Home Loans in a number of ways.

If you are not registered for Internet or Mobile Banking, you can download a Redraw Application Form here. Simply complete this form and drop it into your nearest branch.

If you are registered for Internet Banking, you can logon to apply for a redraw following the below steps:

  • click transfer money in the left hand column
  • Select your Home Loan as the account to transfer money from (you must have a balance above $0 to redraw on your loan)
  • Select an account to transfer money to, along with the amount, a description and whether you want to process now or later. Click continue.
  • You will be asked to read a short disclaimer - make sure you read and understand this before hitting accept.
  • If you're the sole individual named on the loan - you're all done!
  • If there are other names on the loan, you will need to have them authorise the redraw. An authorisation notification will be sent to the other parties via Internet Banking. All they need to do is click 'Authorisations' in the left hand column and proceed with the authorisation to complete the redraw
How do I register for Greater Bank's Internet Banking?

There are a number of ways you can register for Greater Bank's Internet Banking.

For new customers:

For existing customers:

  • Give us a call on 1300 651 400 (Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:30pm and Sat 8:00am to 1:00pm AEST)
  • Drop into your nearest branch
How do I set up a Scheduled Payment (EasyPay) in Online Banking?

Scheduled Payments (sometimes referred to as EasyPay) allow you to take the guess work out of your regular payments.

Within Online Banking, you’re able to create payments to other Greater Bank accounts, and to accounts with third-party financial institutions, and you’re also able to set these payments up so they’ll occur regularly according to your needs.

Here’s How it’s done:

  • Log into Online Banking and click Transfer Money (IB) or Transfer between my accounts (MB/App).
  • Within Internet Banking, choose whether you want to send money to a Greater Bank account or a third-party account.
  • Select the account you wish to transfer money from.
  • Select the account you wish to transfer money to.
  • Enter your amount in $AUD.
  • Select the frequency of your payment. If it’s to be a one-off, just click ‘NOW’. If you want the payment to occur later, click ‘LATER’.
  • If you want the payment to be a one off, just select the start date of your payment, and a frequency of ‘ONCE’.
  • If you want your payment to become a recurring payment, select the frequency of your payment (weekly, fortnightly, etc) and select a payment stop date (further notice or selected date)
  • Click continue

If you’re processing a payment to a payee you’ve never used before, you’ll be prompted to enter your one-time SMS password, which will be sent to the mobile phone we have on file for you. If you do not receive a code, just give us a call on 1300 651 400, and we’ll help in processing your payment.

How do I quote my account number for electronic transfers and payments?

We have commenced issuing customers with 9-digit account numbers. If your account number contains 9-digits please quote this number in full for electronic transfers and payments.

How do I obtain my statement for tax purposes?

The easiest way to get your statement for tax time is through Internet Banking.  Simply follow the below steps:

  • Logon to Internet Banking and click on ‘Statements’ on the left of screen
  • Select the required account and date range from the drop down menus, and click ‘View Statements’
  • Once your statements display, click ‘view’ on the right of screen to access a PDF version of your statement. You can now save or print this file for use at tax time

Not registered for Internet Banking? It’s a simple registration process, makes banking easier and best of all – it’s free! Simply phone 1300 651 400 or visit your nearest branch to register today!

Alternatively, you can call 1300 651 400 and request a statement be mailed to you at any time.

How do I update my address or contact details?

Greater Bank customers are able to change their address or contact details over the phone. Just give us a call on 1300 651 400 and one of our friendly staff will record your new details.

Can I change the address on my Greater Bank accounts via email or Internet Banking?

For security reasons we are unable to change an address on the authority of an email. However, if you call us on 1300 651 400 we can change your address over the phone.

What is the after hours phone number to report a lost or stolen card?

The number to call is 1300 731 144.

For Visa International numbers please visit the Visa Australia "Lost Your Card?" website

How do I apply for a Greater Bank Home Loan?

Greater Bank offers a number of ways for customers to kick-start what will surely be one of life’s most exciting experiences – buying a home. You can start a conversation with Greater Bank today by

What are Greater Bank's current home loan interest rates?

Click here to view Greater Bank's full range of home loan interest rates

How much can I borrow for a home loan?

Greater Bank offers a range of Lending and Transactional Calculators, including:

  • What is my borrowing power?
  • What would my loan repayments be?
  • How quickly can I pay off my loan?
  • How soon can I reach my Savings Goal?
  • How much interest can I earn on my investment?

View our full range of calculators here

How can I change my home loan from one product to another?

Changing from one Greater Bank Home Loan Product to another is easier than you might think.

Why not get in touch with us today to see what our Lending Staff can do to make life greater?

Can I pay extra on my fixed rate home loan without a penalty?

You can make additional payments during a fixed period on Principle & Interest and Interest Only loans but a prepayment fee may apply.

You can make extra repayments up to 5% of your original loan amount before there is any chance that a prepayment fee may apply.

What is a pre-payment fee?

A prepayment fee may apply to extra payments you make over and above that 5% threshold if our current fixed interest rates for your remaining fixed period have fallen in comparison to the rate your loan is fixed at.

The fee, if applicable, is charged to your loan account at the end of the month that the extra payment is made. When this fee does apply it will only represent a small portion of the interest you may save by making the extra payment. Even though your loan will be debited with a fee, it is still beneficial to make the extra payment and reduce the interest charged to your loan. Please take into account your own individual circumstances when making any extra payments.

Example 1

Original Loan Amount: $150,000 fixed for 3 years @ 7.0% p.a.
Extra Payments Made That Month: $6,500

No prepayment fee will apply. The total amount of extra payments is less than 5% of the original loan amount ($7,500).

Example 2

Original Loan Amount: $150,000 fixed for 3 years @ 7.0% p.a.
Extra Payments Made That Month: $9,000
Remaining Fixed Period: 2 years
Current 2 year Fixed Rate: 6.75% p.a.

A prepayment fee will apply. The total amount of extra payments is greater than 5% of the original loan amount and the current fixed rate for the remaining fixed period of the loan is lower than the rate that the loan is fixed at.

How is a pre-payment fee calculated?

Extra payment over and above the 5% of the original loan amount  X  Remaining Fixed period  X Interest Differential

For Example: For a $1,500 loan, with a remaining fixed period of 2 years and an interest differential of 0.25%, the calculation is as below.

$1,500  X  2  X  0.25%  = $7.50

How can I meet with a lender?

Meeting with a Greater Bank Lender is easy and can be arranged in a number of ways.

What do I need to apply for a personal loan?

Greater Bank will require some personal information before being able to process your Loan Application.


- Driver’s License or

- Passport/International Travel Document or

- Photo Card (includes photo and signature)

Proof of Income

- Your two most recent consecutive payslips (no more than four [4] weeks old) or

- A current signed letter from your employer on their letterhead, stating your gross annual income, role or position, length of employment and employment status

- PLUS wage deposits into a transaction account over three (3) months

If you're self-employed

Personal tax returns and, where relevant, business tax returns as well as financial statements, Australian Tax Office (ATO) Notice of Assessments for the last two consecutive years.

If you're eligible for a Family Tax Benefit

A letter from Centrelink, issued within the last six (6) months showing the type of benefit received, the information used by Centrelink to calculate the payment plus a transaction account statement showing your two (2) most recent payments.

If you receive child support

A Letter of Assessment form from the Child Support Agency within the last six (6) months plus account statements showing three (3) months of payments.

If you receive rental income

- A current letter or statement from the Managing Real Estate Agent or

- Transaction account statements showing the three (3) most recent months of rental credits

Your current loans (not held with Greater Bank)

We’ll need documents confirming that any loans you currently have are up to date e.g. a recent statement showing your name, account number, monthly repayments, credits, debits and loan balance.

- For a Home Loan: six (6) months of consecutive statements

- Personal Loan: three (3) months of consecutive statements

- Credit/store cards and interest-free loans: your most recent statement

If you're currently renting

- Home renter: copies of rent receipts or a rental statement issued by a Real Estate Agent or

- Three (3) most recent months payments shown in a Greater Bank transaction account

If you're looking to purchase a New Boat, Caravan or Motorcycle, or a New or Used Car

Private purchases (cars only)

- Current registration papers

- If your loan is for more than $60,000.00 you may need a vehicle inspection certificate

Dealer purchases

- Dealer's invoice

If you've already purchased the asset and are refinancing

- Current registration papers

- Comprehensive insurance policy

Interested in a Greater Bank Personal Loan? Make a Loan Enquiry today!

Who can apply for a personal loan?

Anyone can apply for a Personal Loan  with Greater Bank, providing that you are:

  • 18 years or older
  • Earn at least $20,000 p.a.
  • Have a satisfactory credit history
  • An Australian permanent resident

Interested in a Greater Bank Personal Loan? Make a Loan Enquiry today!

What are the current personal loan interest rates?

To view Greater Bank’s full range of Personal Loan Interest Rates, click here.

Interested in a Greater Bank Personal Loan? Make a Loan Enquiry today!

How quickly can I get approved for a personal loan?

At Greater Bank, we don’t think you should have to wait to get what you want. That’s why we’re able to approve your Personal Loan within 24 hours.

Is a variable or fixed rate loan best for me?

No one loan is perfect for everyone. At Greater Bank, we understand that every one of our valued customers have different needs and are at different stages in their lives.

The right loan for you depends on these needs.

  • A variable rate loan means that the interest rates on the loan may go up and down over the loan period. This allows you to make additional or early repayments to take advantage of interest rate fluctuations.
  • A fixed rate loan means that the interest on the loan remains constant over the loan period, so your repayments will stay the same. You will be able to budget for your repayments and are protected from rises in interest rates.

Still have questions? Contact a friendly Greater Bank staff member on 1300 721 253 or visit your nearest branch.

How do I change my existing interest rate?

Looking for a better rate on your Greater Bank Home Loan or Personal Loan? Or are you thinking about switching to another Greater Bank Home Loan product? Why not get in touch with us today?

  • Make a Loan Enquiry online now
  • Call 1300 721 253 to speak to a friendly member of staff about your Greater Bank Home Loan options
  • Visit your nearest branch to speak with your local Lending Manager
What forms of ID are acceptable to open a Greater Bank account?

At Greater Bank, we're required by law to fully verify your identity before opening an account in your name, and unless this process is completed, we may be prohibited from providing you with the services you're after. We may also be required to periodically collect additional ID verification from you from time to time.

To verify your identity, and that you are who you are, we'll need one or a combination of the following documents which show your full name, not initials. If the document has an expiry date, it must be current. (It's important to note that an Australian Passport can be expired but not cancelled within the preceding two years).

Primary Photographic (Category 1) Drivers Licence*, Passport, International Travel Document, QLD 18+ Card/NSW Photo Card/VICProof of Age Card*, Birth Card


Where the documents marked with * only contain a middle initial, another document from category 1 OR category 2 OR category 3 showing FULL NAME (NOT INITIALS) will also be required.


You may select one category 2 Preferred and one category 3 Alternate, or vice versa. A Preferred document from both categories is also acceptable. Alternate documents from both categories are NOT acceptable.

  Preferred Alternate
Primary Non-Photographic (Category 2) Birth Certificate, Birth Extract, Citizenship Certificate, Centrelink issued Pension Card Electoral Enrolment Card, Medicare Card, Veteran's Affairs Card, Entitlement Card issued by the Commonwealth Govt, Mortgage Document held by GBS, Mortgage Record held by another ADI, Land Title Records.



  Preferred Alternate
Secondary Non-Photographic (Category 3) Govt Financial Benefits Notice#, Australian Taxation Office Notice#, Local Govt or Utility Notice^. Armed Services Discharge Document, Record of Employment, Professional or Trade Association Record Statement from another ADI, Statement from a company holding on AFS Licence, Statement from Trustee of a Superannuation Fund (not Self Managed Super Fund). NOTE: ALL statements must be issued within the preceding twelve (12) months.



Child Under 18 (as Account Holder) Primary Photographic identification is acceptable, but if not available, we will accept a Birth Certificate, or a Notice issued by school (must be issued by the School Principal in the preceding 3 months and contain the full name and residential address of the student as well as the period of time the student has attended the school)
# Issued within the preceding twelve (12) months
^ Issued within the preceding three (3) months
What form of identity verification do entities other than a natural person need?

For entities other than natural persons to become Greater Bank customers, we'll require the following for identity verification:

Type of Entity Verification of identity guidelines
Sole Trader Certificate of Registration of Business Name (only applicable if trading under a registered business name)
Company Full ASIC Search; or Annual ASIC Statement*
Partnership Partnership Agreement; or Disclosure Certificate
Unincorporated Associations Rules or Constitution; and Minutes of most recent meeting
Incorporated Associations ASIC or other relevant body record/search, Incorporation Certificate, Rules or Constitution, Minutes of most recent meeting
* Where the beneficial owner of a company is inconclusive from ASIC documents a Register of Shareholders may be required
How do I get an insurance quote?

Greater Bank has teamed up with Allianz to provide a range of insurance products, such as:

Getting a quote has never been easier – you can call a Greater Bank insurance specialist on 1300 651 400, or get a quote online.

How do I lodge a home insurance claim?

Lodging a claim on your Home Insurance policy is easy - to lodge online now click here, or simply call 1300 555 030 around the clock.

What is Visa Checkout?

Visa Checkout is a service which enables you to make convenient and secure payments online.

Visa Checkout utilises existing Credit and Debit Cards and streamlines the online shopping experience on PC, Tablet and Mobile. Once registered with Visa Checkout, lengthy online payment forms will be a thing of the past as the service enables quick and easy transactions using only an email address and password.

To find out more and to register your Greater Bank Visa Card for Visa Checkout Click Here

What is LVR and how does it work?

LVR stands for Loan to Value Ratio.

It is the proportion of money you intend to borrow compared to the value of the property you're looking to buy.

Intended Borrowing Amount Value of Purchase Property LVR
$400,000 $500,000 80%
Does Greater Bank offer Mobile Lenders?


At Greater Bank, we know sometimes it's hard for you to visit us when applying for a home loan, so we will come to you. Our experienced Lenders can visit you at home or work, at a time that suits you. Whether you’re considering a new home loan or swapping your current home loan to Greater Bank, our Lenders are here to help make your life greater.

Greater Bank Dedicated Mobile Lenders:

Ryan Morgan-Jones - 0418 744 229

Newcastle South and NSW Central Coast

Nicole Rattenbury - 0438 057 522

Shoalhaven, NSW South Coast and ACT

Allan Ritchie - 0419 629 537

Southern Illawarra, Southern Highlands and ACT

David Saad - 0409 817 590


Brendan White - 0427 123 801

Northern Illawarra and Southern Sydney

Kristy Wright - 0427 123 473

Newcastle North

Where can I learn more about the ePayments code?

For Greater Bank customers wanting to learn more about the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) ePayments code, please visit the below link on the ASIC website.

Click here for ASIC ePayments Code.

What is certified documentation?

For some products and services, Greater Bank will require verification of identification. In these instances, we may ask you to provide us with certified copies of identification. If this is the case, the following requirements must be satisfied:

- Certified copies of previously certified copies will NOT be accepted. A properly certified copy of the ORIGINAL document must be provided.

- The person certifying the document must have sighted the ORIGINAL document/s

- Proper certification must appear on EACH PAGE to be certified and should show

  • The date; and
  • The signature of the person certifying the document; and
  • The name of the person certifying the document (this should be clearly printed or evident in any official stamp that is used); and
  • The title of the person certifying the document; and
  • Where relevant, the registration number of the person certifying the document (for example a Justice of the Peace must include their registration number when certifying a document).

NOTE: a certified copy is not a photocopy of a previously certified document. The original document must be sighted and certified as a true copy of the original.

Who can certify a document?

The persons who may certify a document are:

  • an officer with 2 or more years continuous service with one or more financial institutions (for the purposes of the Statutory Declarations Regulations 1993(Cth));
  • a person who is enrolled on the roll of the Supreme Court of a State or Territory, or the High Court of Australia, as a legal practitioner;
  • a judge of a court;
  • a magistrate;
  • a chief executive officer of a Commonwealth Court;
  • a Registrar or Deputy Registrar of a Court;
  • a Justice of the Peace;
  • a notary public (for purposes of the Statutory Declarations Regulations 1993 (Cth));
  • a police officer;
  • an agent of the Australian Postal Corporation who is in charge of an office supplying postal services to the public;
  • a permanent employee of the Australian Postal Corporation with 2 or more years of continuous service who is employed in an office supplying postal services to the public;
  • an Australian consular officer or an Australian diplomatic officer (within the meaning of the Consular Fees Act 1955 (Cth));
  • a finance company officer with 2 or more years continuous years of service with one or more finance companies (for the purposes of the Statutory Declarations Regulations 1993 (Cth));
  • an officer with, or authorised representative of, a holder of an Australian financial services licence, having 2 or more continuous years of service with one or more licensees;
  • a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, CPA Australia or the National Institute of Accountants with 2 or more years of continuous membership.