After much anticipation, the official Wollongong MONOPOLY board launches today.
Locals and tourists alike can now play the world’s most popular board game in a way that immortalises The Gong and its landmarks.
Greater Bank proudly features as part of the South Coast version of the iconic board game, after joining forces with Winning Moves previously in launching the Newcastle version in 2019.
As the official financial partner of Wollongong Monopoly, Greater Bank will feature as one of the utilities on the board, as well as on all game-money, and within the Chance and Community Chest cards.
In helping to launch Wollongong Monopoly this week, Greater Bank's Shellharbour branch was thrilled to welcome Mr Monopoly to help promote the game. Pictured below is Bianca Thomas and our Shellharbour team.
Over the past few months thousands of people and businesses have had their say, and after much deliberation, the locally themed properties selected that will make the entire game a truly local experience are:
- Brown: Nan Tien Temple, Wollongong Botanical Gardens
- Light Blue: Sublime Point Lookout, Mount Keira Lookout, Flagstaff Hill
- Pink: Wollongong Art Gallery, Illawarra Performing Arts Centre, Bike City
- Orange: Win Stadium, Win Entertainment Centre, Wollongong Tourist Parks
- Red: Wollongong Central, Crown Street, Church Street
- Yellow: Corrimal Beach, Wollongong Beach, North Wollongong Beach
- Green: University of Wollongong, The Builders Club, The Illawarra
- Dark Blue: Symbio Wildlife Park, Sea Cliff Bridge
- Transport: Dapto Station, Thirroul Station, Stanwell Park Station, Wollongong Station
- Utilities: Greater Bank, Bluescope Steel
- Community Chest: i98FM Illawarra Convoy
Dale Hackett, representative from Winning Moves (the makers of licensed Monopoly editions) said: “This edition will be everything you love about the traditional board, adapted in a way that the citizens of Wollongong requested."
"We’re grateful for everyone who had their say about what they wanted to see on this board, and we hope it’s one that local families will enjoy for generations to come.”
Dale Hackett, Winning Moves.
The MONOPOLY game first hit the shelves in 1935 – since then it has been played by more than 1 billion people. Today, it is played in 114 countries and enjoyed in over 47 different languages.
The new MONOPOLY: Wollongong Edition is available now from leading toy retailers across the region including Big W, Good Games, Toyworld, Sanity, Casey's Toys, Dymocks, Nextra, Gameology, Builders Club, Wollongong Tourist Parks. RRP $59.99.