Skip to Main Content



At Greater Bank, we understand that sometimes your situation may change, meaning you may have difficulty in meeting your repayment obligations. This may be because of injury or illness, unemployment, relationship breakdown and domestic violence or natural disaster and other unforeseen change in circumstances. If your situation has changed, we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible. We will assess your circumstances and consider how we can assist you to get back on track. To find out more about how a hardship claim is noted on your credit report please refer to credit smart website via the link below.

Hardship questions and answers

Got a question we haven't answered here? Take a look at our Hardship FAQs to see whether we've got the info you're after.

If you would like to discuss your options with Greater Bank, please contact our Collections Team on 1300 653 679 - Monday to Friday, 8:45am-5pm

Assistance is determined on an individual basis.  This may be for a short, medium or longer period of time depending on your circumstances.

Examples of options that may be available are:

  • Using advance funds on a loan (if available) to take a ‘repayment holiday’
  • Converting to Interest only
  • Payment arrangement
  • Deferring or reducing repayments for an agreed period of time

Greater Bank may require you to complete a Statement of Financial Position and include supporting evidence such as proof of income and expenditure, bank statements or medical information.

The Collections officer will provide you with the information that is required.

Once we are aware of your financial difficulty we will suspend collections activity whilst we are assessing your situation.

If we agree to provide you with hardship assistance and you comply with the terms of the arrangement, there will be no collections activity during the approved assistance period.

Yes, with a signed Third Party authority we can discuss and negotiate a solution with your nominated representative.

In addition, we also would encourage you to seek advice from a Financial Counsellor as they are qualified and experienced to assist those in financial difficulty.

If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to make a complaint to our Internal Dispute Committee or to our External Dispute Resolution provider, the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).

Subject to the dates referred to below, any of these bodies may forward your complaint to another external dispute resolution body if it considers the complaint would be better handled by that other body.

Who can you complain to?

Australian Financial Complaints Authority

  • Online:
  • Email:
  • Phone: 1800 931 678
  • Mail: Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001

Office of the Australian Information Commissioner

  • Online:
  • Email:
  • Phone: 1300 363 992
  • Mail: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001

We're here to help

Got a question?

Check out our extensive FAQ section.

View FAQs

Drop in

Find your nearest Branch or ATM

Branch and ATM Locator

Get in touch

Call us Monday to Friday
8:00am to 6:00pm
Saturday 8:00am to 1:00pm AEST

Call 13 13 86