Internet Banking Help
Our Internet Banking service aims to make life greater by providing customers with access to manage their money when and where it suits them.
In order to help you learn more about Internet Banking so that you can make the most of its convenient features, we've compiled some hints and tips based on our most Frequently Asked Questions.
To log onto Greater Bank's Internet Banking, click here.
To find out how to register for Greater Bank's Internet Banking, click here.
There are a number of ways you can register for Greater Bank's Internet Banking.
For new customers:
- Open an Access, Ultimate Access, Bonus Saver or Term Investment Account with us online, and complete your Internet Banking registration online within minutes.
- Drop into your nearest branch
For existing customers:
- Give us a call on 1300 651 400 (Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:30pm and Sat 8:00am to 1:00pm AEST)
- Drop into your nearest branch
Yes - Greater Bank customers are able to redraw on their Home Loans in a number of ways.
If you are not registered for Internet or Mobile Banking, you can download a Redraw Application Form here. Simply complete this form and drop it into your nearest branch.
If you are registered for Internet Banking, you can logon to apply for a redraw following the below steps:
- click transfer money in the left hand column
- Select your Home Loan as the account to transfer money from (you must have a balance above $0 to redraw on your loan)
- Select an account to transfer money to, along with the amount, a description and whether you want to process now or later. Click continue.
- You will be asked to read a short disclaimer - make sure you read and understand this before hitting accept.
- If you're the sole individual named on the loan - you're all done!
- If there are other names on the loan, you will need to have them authorise the redraw. An authorisation notification will be sent to the other parties via Internet Banking. All they need to do is click 'Authorisations' in the left hand column and proceed with the authorisation to complete the redraw
The Greater Bank BSB Number is 637-000.
Our Mobile Banking platform has slightly different functionality than our full desktop Internet Banking platform, as we've streamlined our Mobile offering for our customers needs while on their personal device.
Here's a run-down of exactly what each platform offers.
|Features||Internet Banking||Mobile Banking|
|View Accounts and Balances||Y||Y|
|View interest incurred on your accounts or loans over the past financial year||Y||Y|
|Transfer money between your Greater Bank accounts||Y||Y|
|Transfer money to new and existing 3rd party accounts (within Australia)||Y||Y|
|Redraw money from your home loan||Y||Y|
|View transactions for the last two financial years||Y||Y|
|Search for transactions (quick and advanced search)||Y||Y|
|Process BPAY payments to new and existing billers||Y||Y|
|Send or reply to secure mail, update your email address, select options which notifications you'd like to receive such as security, authorisation of joint accounts, failed transactions, successful batch processing, messages relating to requests you've made and special offers||Y||Y|
|Manage scheduled payments||Y||Y|
|Perform transaction authorisations on accounts with multiple signatories||Y||Y|
|Process batches (transfer money to multiple payees at once)||Y||Y|
|View statements (for current and closed accounts)||Y||Y|
|Register for BPAY View to easily manage your regular bill payments||Y||N|
|Set up SMS or Email Alerts for balance update, low balance, high balance, withdrawal, deposit, direct credit, cheque and direct debit dishonour warning||Y||Y|
|Account maintenance to change account name, activate your ATM card, opt in to eStatements (out of paper statements)||Y||N|
|Open Accounts (transactional, savings and term investments)||Y||N|
|Enquire/Get Quotes for personal and home loans, business banking, credit cards and Insurance||Y||N|
|Sort accounts in your preferred order||N||Y|
|For security purposes be able to reset your password||Y||Y|
|Login for the first time or if you've forgotten your password||Y||Y|
|View pending transactions on your accounts||Y||Y|
Whenever the daily total of a third party transfer (including BPAY®) on any account exceeds the daily threshold, you will be prompted by an on-screen message and SMS to contact our Customer Service Centre for authorisation (Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:30pm and Sat 8:00am to 1:00pm) to get your additional password.
If you enter an incorrect password a number of times you will be locked out of Internet Banking.
If you are locked out of Internet Banking, you can reset your password via the 'Forgot' button on the Internet Banking homepage.
Alternatively, you can contact our Customer Service Centre on 1300 651 400 (Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:30pm and Sat 8:00am to 1:00pm) to unlock your access.
Please call our Customer Service Centre on 1300 651 400 or come and see us at one of our branches.
Depending on your carrier and location, the SMS will take between 20 and 60 seconds to reach your mobile phone.
Please call our Customer Service Centre from a landline or when back in range on 1300 651 400 (Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:30pm and Sat 8:00am to 1:00pm) and our staff will assist you.
Your temporary password delivered by SMS will be valid for up to 21 days. If you were unable to activate your account within this 21-day timeframe and your temporary password has now expired, you can reset your password via Greater Bank's Internet Banking login page.
Alternatively, you can call our Customer Service Centre on 1300 651 400 (Mon–Fri 8:00am to 5:30pm and Sat 8:00am to 1:00pm) and our staff will assist you.
If you have several third party payments to complete in any one Internet Banking session it is best to create a batch and process all the transactions as one payment.
Our Internet Banking service is completely free of fees and charges. This includes BPAY® transactions and manual transfers made to Greater Bank accounts or accounts at other financial institutions.
A batch payment allows you to make deposits into more than one third party account in one payment. This method of transferring funds is particularly useful for employers wishing to pay their employees. Greater Bank accounts will be credited within minutes of the batch being posted; accounts at other financial institutions will be credited the next business day if the batch is posted before 5:00pm.
For Greater Bank customers who are using accounting software you may also require the following details:
- Bank Code: GBS
- Direct Entry User ID: 045575
You can transfer money to accounts held at other institutions or to other Greater Bank accounts. Select the Transfer Money option from the menu.
NOTE: the amount transferred must be at least $1.00 less than the available balance.
Yes, you can make credit card payments using BPAY®. You can either add payments to an external credit card or to a Greater Bank credit card. You will just need the Biller Code and Reference Number from your credit card statement.
If you are transferring funds to another account with Greater Bank, the transfer is immediate.
If payments to another financial institution are completed by 5:00pm on a business day they should be received by 9:00am the following business day. Payments completed after 5:00pm or on a non-business day should be received by 9:00am on the day after the next complete business day.
It generally means that you have entered the password incorrectly three (3) times in one Internet Banking session.
If you've forgotten your Internet Banking password, you're able to reset it via the 'Forgot' link on the Internet Banking login screen.
Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 651 400 (Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:30pm and Sat 8:00am to 1:00pm AEST) or come in to your local branch and we will unlock the account for you.
Select the Transfer Money option from the menu. If you select 'Transfer money between my accounts', the 'From Account' list will display those accounts that allow you to transfer money out of them. Select an account to continue. If you hold an 'Online Account' with a linked account held at another financial institution, this linked account will also appear in the 'From Account' list. Based on your selection the 'To Account' list will contain those accounts that can have funds transferred into them from the selected 'From Account'.
To make the transfer, specify an amount and click on the 'Continue' button. Confirm the details of the transfer. Click 'Change' if you want to change the details, 'Cancel' to cancel the transfer completely and 'Confirm' to proceed with the transfer.
If the transfer is successful you will see a receipt page. You may print this page for your records.
If you are a registered Internet Banking user and are unable to access your account for any reason, please call our Customer Service Centre on 1300 651 400 (Mon–Fri 8:00am to 5:30pm and Sat 8:00am to 1:00pm) and our staff will assist you.
Alternatively, you can drop us a line via Social Media and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Your first 10 accounts are listed in the first summary screen. To view more accounts, use the single and double arrows at the bottom right corner of the screen. The single arrow will take you to the next page and the double arrow will take you to the last page.
If the account is not listed, please call our Customer Service Centre on 1300 651 400 during business hours or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quote your Username, contact phone number and the details of the account number/s not listed. We will contact you as soon as possible.
As a security measure to protect your information, Internet Banking automatically logs you out if your session remains idle for 10 minutes and a transaction is not completed within 30 seconds or if your session exceeds the maximum session time of 20 minutes. Simply log back in.
We use some of the most up-to-date security features available on our Internet Banking site such as 128-bit encryption and one-time passwords for new payees, new billers and for new transactions over the daily threshold. A reference number is also provided as a receipt of each financial transaction you perform.
Please ensure you follow these security recommendations for safe online banking.
- Do not disclose your Internet Banking password to other people. Change your password frequently and use passwords that are hard to guess.
- If you use Internet Banking on a publicly shared PC, always select 'no' if you are asked if you would like to save your log-on details.
- Do not click on links or redirections from other websites or from emails to login to Internet Banking.
- Ensure you have anti-virus software installed on your PC and that it is up to date.
- Check that the Internet Banking webpage is secure. You will see https:// at the start of the URL and a visible SSL padlock. Greater Bank's web details will be listed in the 'issued to' section of the digital certificate.
- We will NEVER email you requesting you confirm your log-on details. If you receive an email purporting to be from Greater Bank and asking for these details please contact us ASAP.
- We will NEVER prompt you to enter your 'card' or 'account number' details in order to login to Internet Banking. If you are prompted to enter these numbers please contact us ASAP.
- When logged onto Internet Banking, do not leave your PC unattended as other people could conduct financial transactions without permission. When you have finished, always log out of Internet Banking.
You can reset your password at any time simply by clicking the 'Forgot' button on the Internet Banking login screen and following the prompts.
Alternatively, you can contact our Customer Service Centre on 1300 651 400 to arrange a new password.
If you know your password...
You can change your password anytime by selecting the Change Password option on the Internet Banking menu.
If you've forgotten your password...
You're now able to reset it without logging into Internet Banking.
- Go to Greater Bank's Internet Banking login screen, and click the 'Forgot' button next to the Password entry field.
- You will be directed to a 'Reset Password' page, where you'll be asked for your Internet Banking username, your date of birth and your email address.
- Using the existing mobile number we have on file for you, we'll send you an SMS straight away containing a temporary Internet Banking password.
- Upon logging in using this temporary password, you'll immediately be prompted to set a new Internet Banking password of your choice.
- Once this is complete, you'll also receive an email confirming that you have changed your Internet Banking Password.
If at any time you have any questions, feel free to give us a call for help on 1300 651 400.
While several operating system/browser combinations have been tried with some success, the following are the only versions that we recommend:
Windows PC, Laptop or tablet running Windows 7 or later
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
- Firefox (current stable release)
- Chrome (current stable release)
iPad 2 or later, iPad Mini, iPad Air
- Running iOS7 or later, Safari
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 or later
- Running Android 4.0 or later with Internet Browser
Apple iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air
- OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) or later, Safari (current stable release)
Internet Banking is designed and tested for compatibility against the devices and browser versions identified above but in most cases will also work as expected with other devices and browsers not listed here.
One of the most important programs on your computer is your web browser. A web browser enables you to view websites and every web page runs through it.
Why should you upgrade your web browser?
The main reason is security. Malicious people are constantly looking for new ways to steal your personal information. One of the most common ways they are able to steal this information is by exploiting vulnerabilities in your web browser.
The older a web browser version is, the more time people have had to find these vulnerabilities. A newer web browser is generally more likely to have better security. One commonly used web browser that is very vulnerable to exploitation by malicious people is Internet Explorer 6. Another reason to upgrade is that newer versions of web browsers can take advantage of new standards and technologies, making them faster, and a faster web browser means that you will save time on every web page you open.
So what now?
Installing a new web browser is free and only takes minutes. Find out which web browser you are currently running and then visit your web browser support site for information on upgrading your web browser.