Online Banking Help
Our Online Banking service aims to make life greater by providing customers with access to manage their money when and where it suits them.
To log onto Greater Bank's Online Banking, click here.
To find out how to register for Greater Bank's Online Banking, click here.
Help with Online Banking
In order to help you learn more about Online Banking so that you can make the most of its convenient features, we've compiled some hints and tips based on our most Frequently Asked Questions. Below you'll find answers to your questions on registering for Online Banking with Greater Bank, keeping your browser updated to a supported version, opening accounts and applying for lending products within Online Banking, managing your accounts, making payments, as well as some hints and tips on passwords and accessing Online Banking.
There are a number of ways you can register for Greater Bank's Online Banking.
For new customers:
- Open an Access, Ultimate Access, Bonus Saver or Term Investment Account with us online, and complete your Online Banking registration online within minutes.
- Drop into your nearest branch
For existing customers:
- Give us a call on 1300 651 400 (Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:30pm and Sat 8:00am to 1:00pm AEST)
- Drop into your nearest branch
While several operating system/browser combinations have been tried with some success, the following are the only versions that we recommend:
Windows PC, Laptop or tablet running Windows 8 or later
- Edge (current stable release)
- Firefox (current stable release)
- Chrome (current stable release)
iPad 2 or later, iPad Mini, iPad Air
- Running iOS7 or later, Safari
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 or later
- Running Android 5.0 or later with Chrome
Apple iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air
- OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) or later, Safari (current stable release)
Online Banking is designed and tested for compatibility against the devices and browser versions identified above but in most cases will also work as expected with other devices and browsers not listed here.
Yes - Greater Bank customers are able to redraw extra repayments on their Home Loans in a number of ways.
If you are not registered for Online Banking, you can download a Redraw Application Form here. Simply complete this form and drop it into your nearest branch.
If you are registered for Online Bankin, you can logon to apply for a redraw following the below steps:
- click transfer money in the left hand column
- Select your Home Loan as the account to transfer money from (you must have a balance above $0 to redraw on your loan)
- Select an account to transfer money to, along with the amount, a description and whether you want to process now or later. Click continue.
- You will be asked to read a short disclaimer - make sure you read and understand this before hitting accept.
- If you're the sole individual named on the loan - you're all done!
- If there are other names on the loan, you will need to have them authorise the redraw. An authorisation notification will be sent to the other parties via Internet Banking. All they need to do is click 'Authorisations' in the left hand column and proceed with the authorisation to complete the redraw
The Greater Bank BSB Number is 637-000.
You sure can! Here's how:
Already a customer?
Simply log into Online Banking, or Mobile App to open a range of everyday and savings accounts.
You sure can! Here's how:
Already a customer?
Simply log into Online Banking or Mobile App to apply for a Personal Loan or Credit Card, or to start a Home Loan application.
Whenever the daily total of a third party transfer (including BPAY®) on any account exceeds the daily threshold, you will be prompted by an on-screen message and SMS to contact our Customer Service Centre for authorisation (Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:30pm and Sat 8:00am to 1:00pm) to get your additional password.
If you enter an incorrect password a number of times you will be locked out of Online Banking.
If you are locked out of Online Banking, you can reset your password via the 'Forgot' button on the Online Banking homepage.
Alternatively, you can contact our Customer Service Centre on 1300 651 400 (Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:30pm and Sat 8:00am to 1:00pm) to unlock your access.
Please call our Customer Service Centre on 1300 651 400 or come and see us at one of our branches.
Depending on your carrier and location, the SMS will take between 20 and 60 seconds to reach your mobile phone.
Please call our Customer Service Centre from a landline or when back in range on 1300 651 400 (Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:30pm and Sat 8:00am to 1:00pm) and our staff will assist you.
Your temporary password delivered by SMS will be valid for up to 21 days. If you were unable to activate your account within this 21-day timeframe and your temporary password has now expired, you can reset your password via Greater Bank's Online Banking login page.
Alternatively, you can call our Customer Service Centre on 1300 651 400 (Mon–Fri 8:00am to 5:30pm and Sat 8:00am to 1:00pm) and our staff will assist you.
If you have several third party payments to complete in any one Online Banking session it is best to create a batch and process all the transactions as one payment.
Our Online Banking service is completely free of fees and charges. This includes BPAY® transactions and manual transfers made to Greater Bank accounts or accounts at other financial institutions.
A batch payment allows you to make deposits into more than one third party account in one payment. This method of transferring funds is particularly useful for employers wishing to pay their employees. Greater Bank accounts will be credited within minutes of the batch being posted; accounts at other financial institutions will be credited the next business day if the batch is posted before 5:00pm.
For Greater Bank customers who are using accounting software you may also require the following details:
- Bank Code: GBS
- Direct Entry User ID: 045575
You can transfer money to accounts held at other institutions or to other Greater Bank accounts. Select the Pay Anyone option from the menu.
NOTE: the amount transferred must be at least $1.00 less than the available balance.
Yes, you can make credit card payments using BPAY®. You can either add payments to an external credit card or to a Greater Bank credit card. You will just need the Biller Code and Reference Number from your credit card statement.
If you are transferring funds to another account with Greater Bank, the transfer is immediate.
If payments are made to accounts with another financial institution using Osko by BPAYⓇ, regardless of whether using a PayID or a BSB & Account Number, the transfer will generally occur within 15 seconds. To find out more about Osko payments, click here.
If payments to another financial institution are made as a non-Osko payment and are completed by 5:00pm on a business day they should be received by 9:00am the following business day. Payments completed after 5:00pm or on a non-business day should be received by 9:00am on the day after the next complete business day.
It generally means that you have entered the password incorrectly three (3) times in one Online Banking session.
If you've forgotten your Online Banking password, you're able to reset it via the 'Forgot' link on the Online Banking login screen.
Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 651 400 (Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:30pm and Sat 8:00am to 1:00pm AEST) or come in to your local branch and we will unlock the account for you.
Select the Transfer between my Accounts option from the menu. If you select 'Transfer money between my accounts', the 'From Account' list will display those accounts that allow you to transfer money out of them. Select an account to continue. If you hold an 'Online Account' with a linked account held at another financial institution, this linked account will also appear in the 'From Account' list. Based on your selection the 'To Account' list will contain those accounts that can have funds transferred into them from the selected 'From Account'.
To make the transfer, specify an amount and click on the 'Continue' button. Confirm the details of the transfer. Click 'Change' if you want to change the details, 'Cancel' to cancel the transfer completely and 'Confirm' to proceed with the transfer.
If the transfer is successful you will see a receipt page. You may print this page for your records.
If you are a registered Online Banking user and are unable to access your account for any reason, please call our Customer Service Centre on 1300 651 400 (Mon–Fri 8:00am to 5:30pm and Sat 8:00am to 1:00pm) and our staff will assist you.
Alternatively, you can drop us a line via Social Media and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Your first 10 accounts are listed in the first summary screen. To view more accounts, use the single and double arrows at the bottom right corner of the screen. The single arrow will take you to the next page and the double arrow will take you to the last page.
If the account is not listed, please call our Customer Service Centre on 1300 651 400 during business hours or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quote your Username, contact phone number and the details of the account number/s not listed. We will contact you as soon as possible.
As a security measure to protect your information, Online Banking automatically logs you out if your session remains idle for 10 minutes and a transaction is not completed within 30 seconds or if your session exceeds the maximum session time of 20 minutes. Simply log back in.
We use some of the most up-to-date security features available on our Online Banking site such as 128-bit encryption and one-time passwords for new payees, new billers and for new transactions over the daily threshold. A reference number is also provided as a receipt of each financial transaction you perform.
Please ensure you follow these security recommendations for safe online banking.
- Do not disclose your Online Banking password to other people. Change your password frequently and use passwords that are hard to guess.
- If you use Online Banking on a publicly shared PC, always select 'no' if you are asked if you would like to save your log-on details.
- Do not click on links or redirections from other websites or from emails to login to Online Banking.
- Ensure you have anti-virus software installed on your PC and that it is up to date.
- Check that the Online Banking webpage is secure. You will see https:// at the start of the URL and a visible SSL padlock. Greater Bank's web details will be listed in the 'issued to' section of the digital certificate.
- We will NEVER email you requesting you confirm your log-on details. If you receive an email purporting to be from Greater Bank and asking for these details please contact us ASAP.
- We will NEVER prompt you to enter your 'card' or 'account number' details in order to login to Online Banking. If you are prompted to enter these numbers please contact us ASAP.
- When logged onto Online Banking, do not leave your PC unattended as other people could conduct financial transactions without permission. When you have finished, always log out of Online Banking.
You can reset your password at any time simply by clicking the 'Forgot' button on the Online Banking login screen and following the prompts.
Alternatively, you can contact our Customer Service Centre on 1300 651 400 to arrange a new password.
If you know your password...
You can change your password anytime by selecting the Change Password option on the Online Banking menu.
If you've forgotten your password...
You're now able to reset it without logging into Online Banking.
- Go to Greater Bank's Online Banking login screen, and click the 'Forgot' button next to the Password entry field.
- You will be directed to a 'Reset Password' page, where you'll be asked for your Online Banking username, your date of birth and your email address.
- Using the existing mobile number we have on file for you, we'll send you an SMS straight away containing a temporary Internet Banking password.
- Upon logging in using this temporary password, you'll immediately be prompted to set a new Online Banking password of your choice.
- Once this is complete, you'll also receive an email confirming that you have changed your Online Banking Password.
If at any time you have any questions, feel free to give us a call for help on 1300 651 400.
One of the most important programs on your computer is your web browser. A web browser enables you to view websites and every web page runs through it.
Why should you upgrade your web browser?
The main reason is security. Malicious people are constantly looking for new ways to steal your personal information. One of the most common ways they are able to steal this information is by exploiting vulnerabilities in your web browser.
The older a web browser version is, the more time people have had to find these vulnerabilities. A newer web browser is generally more likely to have better security. One commonly used web browser that is very vulnerable to exploitation by malicious people is Internet Explorer 6. Another reason to upgrade is that newer versions of web browsers can take advantage of new standards and technologies, making them faster, and a faster web browser means that you will save time on every web page you open.
So what now?
Installing a new web browser is free and only takes minutes. Find out which web browser you are currently running and then visit your web browser support site for information on upgrading your web browser.
If your online purchase is not going through, we will need to look in to this for you and will need you to provide information regarding the transaction such as the amount and when the transaction was attempted.
You can call us on 1300 651 400 during our Contact Centre hours of operation (Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.30pm and Saturday 8.00am - 1.00pm) and a friendly staff member will be able to assist you.
Alternatively you can send Greater Bank a secure mail from within Online Banking or our App, providing the information required to investigate the declined transactions.
You can update your address details with Greater Bank in a number of ways.
Firstly, you can send us a secure mail from within Online Banking or our App, requesting the changes required. We’ll reply via secure mail when these changes have been made.
Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 651 400 during our Contact Centre hours of operation (Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.30pm and Saturday 8.00am - 1.00pm) and a friendly staff member can make these changes for you.
If you’ve forgotten your username for Online Banking, we can help.
Give our Contact Centre a call during their hours of operation on 1300 651 400 Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.30pm and Saturday 8.00am - 1.00pm) and a friendly staff member will be able to provide your username to you.