Here's how we're connecting kids with their heroes
As Major Community Partner of The Newcastle Jets, we love bringing local kids face-to-face with their footballing heroes. That's why, as part of the Jets:LEARN program, we're sending The Jets to 20 Newcastle and Hunter Schools to host free coaching clinics again in 2019.
The first 20 schools to enter our competition will secure one of our free clinics, and what's more, we'll be sending one of our winning schools off for a VIP Matchday Experience at The Jets' first home game of the 2019/20 season.
How to enter
Show your support for the Jets by decorating your school gate or fence with Jets colours, as well as the Jets and Greater Bank logos.
Snap a pic or video of your decorated gate, and upload it via the online entry form below.
That's it - if you're one of our first 20 schools to enter, you score an in-school Jets: LEARN clinic thanks to Greater Bank!
Once our 20 clinic winners are decided, our Major Prize will be determined by an online vote right here on the Greater Bank website.
Check out our Major Winner from last year enjoying their prize!
Good to know...
Terms and Conditions of Entry
Terms and Conditions of Entry –
Jets:Learn Decorate Your School Gate
- Jets: LEARN, Decorate Your Gate
- Greater Bank and the Newcastle Jets are the promoters of this competition.
- The competition is running online at greater.com.au/decorateyourgate .
- The competition commences at 9:00am, Saturday 6 April 2019 and closes once 20 valid entries to the competition have been received (Promotion Period).
- Greater Bank accepts no responsibility for late or lost entries.
- Entry is open to primary school classes within the Newcastle and Hunter area (maximum 1.5 hour drive from Newcastle CBD) or a representative of these groups.
- By entering this competition the entrant warrants that he or she meets the entry requirements and accepts these terms and conditions.
- To enter, an entrant must decorate their school gate or fence with Newcastle Jets colours as well as both the Newcastle Jets and Greater Bank logos during the Promotion Period and enter by uploading a photo and completing the entry form on Greater Bank’s website at greater.com.au/decorateyourgate .
- Entrants may enter only once.
- Entrants are responsible for any and all expenses that they incur in entering this competition and they will not be reimbursed regardless of whether or not they win the competition.
- By submitting an entry in the competition, all Entrants warrant that each visual entry media submitted is an original artistic work of the entrant which does not infringe the rights of any third party. The entrant agrees to indemnify Greater Bank against any and all claims, loss, damage and costs arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
- Greater Bank retains the right to disqualify any entrants or entries where it reasonably suspects unlawful or improper conduct or where there has been a breach of the competition terms and conditions.
- There are two prize categories within this promotion:
Jets:LEARN coaching clinic (20 available)
- The Jets:LEARN clinic prize is a coaching clinic for up to 30 primary school students provided and coordinated by the Newcastle Jets at a date to be agreed upon by the Newcastle Jets and the winning class.
- The clinic is to take place at the school of the winning class
- The first 20 classes to enter the competition will win the Jets:LEARN clinic prizes.
- Winners will be announced through the Greater Bank website and social media channels.
- Winners will be contacted directly on the contact details provided in the entry form.
- The major prize consists of:
- a double pass for every child and teacher in the class to attend the first Newcastle Jets home match of the 2019/2020 season (maximum 80 tickets available)
- a private tour of the changing rooms
- the opportunity to form the guard of honour for the players as they enter the field
- The major prize is not transferable to any other match.
- The major prize is subject to conditions imposed by the Newcastle Jets, McDonald Jones Stadium and Football Federation Australia.
- Winners will be required to arrive two hours prior to kick-off in order to conduct their tour of the change rooms.
- The winning class must provide one point of contact to coordinate redemption of the major prize and to accompany school children at the match.
- Only winners of a Jets:LEARN clinic will be eligible for the major prize draw. Entrants who have not won a Jets:LEARN clinic will not be in the running for the major prize.
- Once 20 valid entries to the competition have been received, all of the winners’ entries will be displayed on Greater Bank’s website at greater.com.au/decorateyourgate for a period of two weeks where the public can vote for their favourite entry to win the major prize.
- All winners will be notified via email using the contact details provided with their entry, prior to the voting period commencing.
- Multiple votes are allowed, with a limit of one vote per hour.
- The entrant with the highest number of votes at the end of the two week voting period will win the major prize.
- The winner of the major prize will be announced on the Greater Bank website and social media channels once the winner has been selected.
- The winning class will also be contacted directly to inform them that they have won the major prize.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If a winner does not take a part of the Prize at the time set by Greater Bank, the winner will forfeit that part. Greater Bank accepts no responsibility for changes in Prize value. If a Prize is unavailable, Greater Bank will substitute it for one of equal or greater value.
- In consideration for awarding a Prize to a winner, winners agree to participate in any promotional activity regarding winning the Prize and consent to their name and image being used in promotional material without payment.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition is affected for any reason, Greater Bank may in its sole discretion, subject to licencing authority approval, cancel, terminate, change or suspend the competition. Greater Bank may disqualify any individual who tampers (or benefits from the tampering) with the entry process or the conduct of the competition or who has, in Greater Bank’s opinion, engaged in conduct which is fraudulent, misleading or generally damaging to the reputation of Greater Bank or has breached these Terms and Conditions.