Of course. You can still bank with us at your local branches, from our friendly staff you've come to know.
This means you can still deposit and withdraw money, pay bills and transfer money between accounts or to other people.
Visit any branch with your account number and let our staff know what you'd like to do. You'll get back a printed receipt showing your current balance once the transaction is made.
Our staff are happy to help guide you through any of the changes in our process, including how to identify yourself without the use of a passbook.
Our decision comes after a recent review of how all our customers are using our products and services. We regularly conduct these reviews, so that we can provide modern, quality banking solutions and provide good value for all of our customers.
From June 2021, you'll still have a number of options when it comes to keeping track of your money, and the transactions you've made.
- You can still keep track of your account in your local branch. You will receive a printed receipt every time you make a transaction in the branch, you can also get a free printed listing of your recent transactions at any Greater Bank branch whenever you need it.
- You will receive a statement of account posted to you twice per year, in January and July, for each passbook account you have that lists all transactions made within the previous six months.
- You can choose to sign up to Online Banking anytime and see the latest activity on your accounts. Our staff will guide you through how to safely and securely use your computer or smart phone to keep track of your transactions and do your banking.
If you don’t want to bank online you don’t have to. There are still options for you to keep track of your money without the need for a passbook.
Each time you visit one of our branches and make a transaction, you can request a receipt showing the account balance and transaction details.
You can also use your Greater Bank statements, sent twice yearly, to keep track of all the transactions made on your account over the previous six months.
Of course, if you've never banked online before, and are keen to learn how, so you can view the real-time details of your account, one of our friendly staff will be more than happy to walk through setting this up for you. Our Online Banking and Mobile App are easy to use, and provide you with secure access to your money wherever you are, around the clock.
That's OK! You don't have to have a Visa card associated with your account. We're happy to explain the benefits of linking a Visa card to your account, but we understand that not all of our customers will want to take advantage of this feature.
This will depend on how you choose to bank with us going forward - there are a couple of options for you to keep track of your bank account balance.
- If you prefer to bank in branch, you can ask for a receipt each time you complete a transaction in branch. This will show your transaction details, as well as your current account balance at the time the transaction was completed.
- You can also keep track of your account balance and transactions using your statements, sent twice yearly, in January and July.
- If you prefer, you can keep a close watch on your account balance and transactions by using our online banking or mobile app. Once you're registered for online banking, you can use this service to check your balance, view your latest and pending transactions, and do all your everyday banking such as transferring money, paying bills and more.
Yes - absolutely!
Though the way you bank may change, it's important to keep in mind that we place the highest priority on the security of our customers' accounts.
For your peace of mind, even though you won't be using your passbook, you'll still be able to access your account balance information in a number of ways. And if you do prefer to bank with us in our branches, our staff are happy to walk you through some additional ways you can identify yourself without your passbook.
If you choose to switch to banking online with us, then rest assured that our online banking and mobile app utilise industry-standard encryption and authentication measures to keep your banking details secure.
Us, of course! While some of the ways we do banking are changing, our award-winning customer service with a smile that you've come to love certainly isn't.
If you'd prefer, you can speak to the staff at your local Greater Bank branch, and they'll be able to help explain the changes further.
We've also set up a dedicated customer service hotline for customers who'd prefer to chat with us over the phone - just give us a call on 1300 179 979.
Of course, we're also available to help via Facebook Messenger as well - send us a message and our friendly team will get back to you shortly.
Again, we can, and we're happy to.
Every Greater Bank customer is eligible for online banking, mobile banking and our app. All you'll need is to have an active Greater Bank account and an internet-connected device.
To use any of our online banking services, you'll first have to become a registered user, which our friendly staff can do for you
- in your nearest branch, and
- over the phone, by calling 1300 179 979 or 1300 651 400
Once you're registered, our staff will be happy to walk you through how to
- log on to online banking or download and log onto our app
- check your balance
- transfer money between accounts or to third party payees
- pay your bills and more.
If you opt to have a Greater Bank Visa Debit Card linked to your account, this will mean you'll be able to use your new card to:
- Manage your money and withdraw cash at ATMs using your PIN
- Make purchases at EFTPOS terminals by selecting your account type and entering your PIN
- Make contactless purchases at EFTPOS terminals up to $100 without having to enter your PIN
- Make online purchases via secure websites that accept Visa as payment. (For more on this, please visit our Fraud and Security section to familiarise yourself)
Once your card is requested, you'll receive it in the mail, and your card PIN will be mailed separately. Once you receive your card, you'll need to activate it with us - this can be done in-branch, over the phone on 1300 651 400, or via online banking.
Once this is done, you're up and running, and ready to start making purchases.
Absolutely. Whether shopping instore or online, your card is protected by Visa's Zero Liability policy, which means you won’t be held responsible for fraudulent charges or unauthorised purchases made with your card or account information*. This means you can use your card to shop with total confidence, as you will always be protected against unauthorised use.