Greater Bank, part of Newcastle Greater Mutual Group, is a member of the Customer Owned Banking Association (COBA) and subscriber to the 2022 Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice (COBCOP or Code).
COBA is the industry advocate for Australia’s customer owned banking sector whose vision is to be recognised, successful and a leading advocate for a more competitive retail banking sector and a champion of the benefits of the customer owned model.
The COBCOP is a public expression of the level of support that subscribers will provide to its customers and the community, and the standards by which they will be held accountable. It outlines clearly and transparently what a customer can expect when dealing with a Code subscriber, like Greater Bank.
The 2022 Code is underpinned by seven key promises. These promises establish higher standards than the law requires and reflects the customer owned banking sector’s commitment to serving the interests of its customers and communities.
- We will deliver banking services in the interests of our customers.
- We will obey the law.
- We will not mislead or deceive.
- We will act honestly and fairly.
- We will offer products and services that are fit for general purpose.
- We will deliver services with reasonable care and skill.
- We will contribute to the community.
A copy of the 2022 Code of Practice can be found on the COBA website, or by contacting us.
To learn more about COBA, please visit their website.