As vaccination rates increase across the state, so too does the level of hope that the community is getting closer to the end of the COVID crisis.
The pandemic has been one of the greatest challenges many people have ever faced and for some it’s taken a heavy toll - mentally, physically and financially.
Fortunately, there are many organisations that have played a vital role in supporting those most in need during these difficult times.
Greater Bank’s Community Funding Program will shine a light on some of these organisations in October. It’s a way of saying ‘thank you’ for the incredible work they have been undertaking and providing financial support that will allow them to continue to support their community.
You can now vote for the organisation in your area who you think is worthy of the funding.
Here are the nominees vying for funding in each of the region.
- The Salvation Army Forster Tuncurry
- Hastings Neighbourhood Services (Port Macquarie)
- Hope for the Homeless (Coffs Harbour)
- Women's Shelter Armidale
- Gunnedah Meals on Wheels Incorporated
- Billabong Clubhouse (Tamworth)
- Lakes Food Care at Toukley Neighbourhood Centre
- Coast Hands
- Central Coast Family Support Services
- Lifeline Central West
- Orange Region Suicide Prevention Network
- Veritas House (Bathurst)
- Wollongong Emergency Family Housing
- Orange Sky Laundry - 'Daisy' Van Wollongong
- Need a Feed Australia
Voting for the October Community Funding Round closes at 5pm on Wednesday, 27 October, 2021.